Calvary supports the following mission programs:
- Calvary Corner House is adjacent to the parking lot. Operated by Friendship House, we provide a place for men who are coming out of the shelters and ready to move into greater independence.
- Second Sunday Sharing which supports various mission programs here in Wilmington
- In September we are supporting Presbyterian Disaster Assistance as they respond to Hurricane Ida, floods and fires in other parts of our country and the earthquake and storm in Haiti, as well as responding in many other parts of the world.
- Boxwood Empowerment Center, run by Friendship House is housed at Calvary Presbyterian Church, providing support for some of our neighbors.
- Meeting Ground
- Andrew’s Place A full service emergency shelter that provides its guests both hospitality and empowerment.
Calvary is also proud to support all four of the Presbyterian Church USA Special Offerings (One Great Hour of Sharing, Pentecost, Peace & Global Witness, Christmas Joy).
We will receive the Peace and Global Witness Offering on October 3. This offering will be our Second Sunday emphasis for October.